Assault And Other Violent Crimes
Defending You Against Violent Crime Charges
Assault can involve something as simple as grabbing someone’s wrist or making a threatening move to much more serious accusations involving aggravated assault or sexual assault. Assault charges can involve adults in the criminal courts as well as minors in the juvenile justice system.
I defend clients against all types of assault crime charges, which can include:
- Aggravated assault: Charges of aggravated assault involve assault that results in serious bodily injury to the victim or the use of a deadly weapon in the commission of the assault.
- Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon: Simply pointing a gun at someone or brandishing another weapon in a way that convinces the other person that you might cause harm can be considered assault with a deadly weapon.
- Injury to a child, elderly or disabled person: When assault results in injury to a child, disabled or elderly person, the charges are increased and the penalties heightened.
- Abandonment or endangerment of a child: These charges can be brought against parents or other caretakers who either abandon a child under their care or behave recklessly so as to endanger the child.
- Deadly conduct: Even shooting a round from a gun into the ground, into the air or into the direction of a nearby town can be considered deadly conduct and bring with it serious criminal charges.
- Murder and manslaughter
- Family violence
- Terrorist threats
- Assisting suicide
- Threatening someone with a deadly weapon
This is just a sampling of assault and other violent crime charges that could be brought against you in Texas. I have handled all types of these cases, and I can help you fight the charges you are facing.
Contact Law Office Of Bob Galvan P.C.
Talk with a lawyer right away if you have been charged with a violent crime. Call me at (830) 232-5057 or contact me online.
Get your questions answered - call me for your free, 20 min phone consultation (830) 232-5057.